Saturday, September 22, 2012

Daniel 3:25-28 - God's relationship with our children

I made a decision about a year ago that while I am driving to work, I would not turn on my radio.  I would spend that 20 minutes in prayer.  God (as always) has been faithful and uses that time to speak to me.  I think He is always speaking to me, but that is the time of day I'm listening without interruption. 

Friday morning was one of those times when I "heard" God so clearly that I didn't doubt for a moment that it was Him.  My heart had been aching because of a broken relationship with one of my children.  I had been holding up that relationship to Him, crying out to Him for a healing, allowing my mama's heart to go into the fix it mode. 

I believe mama's hearts were created to love our children in the way God loves them.  To love our children unconditionally and try to "fix" our children's aches and pains.  We want to scoop them up when they are hurting and kiss that scraped knee and make the pain go away.  Because we love our children so much, we quite often get in the way of God's plan and direction for their lives.  We hate seeing them go through the trials, but God allows those trials and aches and pains to help them grow and become teachable. 

Back to traveling to work - As I was crying out to God about this broken relationship with my child, God clearly spoke to me.  He said that this was not about my relationship with my child, but it is everything about my child's relationship with God.  My prayers should be directed for healing for my child's relationship with our Heavenly Father.  It isn't all about me as the mama.  God knows my pain and my heartache, but my child's relationship with God is so much more important.  I have no doubt that God will comfort me and give me strength to go through this bump in the road.  And I have every assurance that one day whether it is on this earth or in my heavenly home, my child will walk toward me with open arms and a full heart of love. 

Luke 15:11-32 tells the story of the prodigal son.  The prodigal son made choices.  He left his home, his father, his family to go his own direction.  After the son got to the bottom of the pit, then he listened and heard God and God brought him home.  And the son's papa welcomed him with open arms and an open heart.  God did a transformation within the son's heart before the son could come home.

God is always with our children and with us.  He takes us through the fire and we come out not even smelling like smoke.  Because He stands with us - forever by our sides.  Daniel 3:25-28

My prayer is that the relationship between our prodigal children and their Heavenly Father is healed.  That they will listen for direction from their Heavenly Father and that they will allow God to heal their hearts, scooping them up and holding them close.

He will never leave us or forsake us.  He is my Hope and my Future for my children, my husband, me, my life, my family, and this world.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Feeling that hug. Thank you - God is faithful.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes it hard to believe that there's love out there bigger than a mother's love for their children...but there is, it's God's love. God loves your son more than you, and He wants the very best for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. How amazing it is to know that God loves us and even when we make mistakes and take the wrong road, HE still loves us and He will never, ever leave us.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. It speaks such truth. I love this because when all is said and done, we have to trust God for making all things work for good...and He will.

    ReplyDelete