Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Listen for the lesson

God doesn't need to yell at us to get our attention.  But sometimes, when we aren't listening, He needs to give us a good shaking.  I'm certainly glad I wasn't riding a horse a bit ago.  He knocked Saul of Tarsus off of his horse to get his attention.  (Acts 9)

I was driving to work the other morning and a vehicle quickly was on my bumper.  I moved over to the other lane to let him pass and he moved over into the other lane - all the while riding my bumper.  REALLY?!!!!  I was trying to get out of his way!  My patience was wearing thin.  And then I notice the turn signal and the vehicle moved over into the the exit lane to leave the freeway. 

The proverbial light went in my head!  LESSON LEARNED...sometimes what seems to be rushing up behind you with full force, isn't really all it seems.  Take a breath, listen for the lesson, look for the sparkle and all of a sudden God has your attention. 

This girl is learning to listen to the whisper of God.  I don't want to fall off of any horses.

Dear Lord, thank You for perspective changes that help me to see past the here and now so that I can see Your truth which sets me free. Set me free today from anger, firecracker emotions, short fuses and explosive tempers... so that I can be free to reveal the YOU in me! In Jesus' Name, Amen.
http://www.proverbs31.org/devotions/ruined-god-2012-08/

1 comment:

  1. A lovely reminder that God's voice is usually the gentle quiet one I have to listen for rather than the obvious, riding your bumper voice. Glad I found your blog through Sharon Jaynes invite to bloggers. I look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete