Sunday, August 12, 2012

Be nice...

When I haven't had enough rest, I can be a grump.  Not an excuse, just a fact.  For the past few days, I've been grumpy.  I wanted to take out my grumpiness on my sweet husband.  Thinking he was the enemy.   But he isn't.  Our fight isn't against flesh and blood...

Ephesians 6:12
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

So, when I am grumpy with my sweetheart, I need to keep in mind - HE ISN'T THE ENEMY.  He is my best friend and deserves my respect.  He is my husband and needs my love.  I heard a couple talking to one another the other day and I felt so sad at the lack of respect they had for one another.  The way they talked with one another, was caustic.  It was almost as though you could see them pushing away from one another.

God has not just changed my heart and my marriage, He made a new heart and new marriage.  My heart for my husband has become new.  Miracle right?  When you have your heart full of God and put Him at the center of your marriage, He will change your heart, your mouth, your love.  But that doesn't mean the enemy won't try again, and again, and again. 

If you feel the enemy starting to do a number on you, it isn't time to become grumpy, disrespectful or take it out on the people around you.  It is time to surrender it all to God.  A few months ago, my "theme" song was I Surrender All.  Even now, I am reminded to sing that song. 

Be nice to people.  Be kind.  Remember God's grace and mercy that He bestowed on you.  Remember how He has loved you unconditionally.  Your vessel is full - now pour out the blessings on those around you.

Dear Heavenly papa - thank you for your grace and mercy.  For reminding me what you have brought me out of and letting you take back the control.  Thank you for the readers of this blog.  Bless them. 

Romans 12:12  Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment